How do I search for newspapers?
See our guide on searching for newspapers.
If you have found a citation to a newspaper article and want to see the entire article, you need to check if York University Libraries owns the newspaper. It could be in many formats - paper, electronic, or microtext.
The best place to start is the Library catalogue. The catalogue will tell you what newspapers the Library owns in paper, microtext, and, in some cases, electronic format. From the York University Library homepage:
- Enter the name of the newspaper
- Select Periodical Title from the drop-down list
- Click GO to run the search
- Select an appropriate record to see the holdings information
To search only electronic format, you need to search the Library's e-resources database. From the York University Library homepage:
- Select the eResources tab
- Enter newspaper name in the Search box and click GO
- Select an appropriate record to enter the electronic resource
If you have problems finding a newspaper that you need, contact a reference librarian for further assistance.