How do I access the Bloomberg terminals?
York University Business and Administrative Studies students can access one of the four Bloomberg terminals by coming into the Bronfman Business Library located in the Schulich School of Business 2nd floor south wing S237.
Students can book a specific time to use the terminal via the Bloomberg booking application. The duration of a time slot is in half-hour increments to a maximum of two hours per day. Please note which of the four terminals you have booked (A,B,C,D).
There is a five minute grace period for bookings. If you come 5 minutes after your booking time your booking time is forfeited and someone else is free to use the terminal.
Bloomberg Usage Guidelines
The Bronfman Business Library provides four bookable Bloomberg terminals with dual-screen monitors. To successfully manage these resources and provide full and equitable access, students will have to abide by these usage guidelines
- You must be a current York undergraduate or graduate student with a valid Passport York account to book the Bloomberg terminals in accordance with the Senate Policy on Computing and Information Technology
- There is a five minute grace period and then your booking will be considered expired and the slot will be released so that anyone can use the terminal
- A student may book Bloomberg seven days or less in advance.
- The duration of a time slot is in half-hour increments to a maximum of two hours per day.
- Only the person who created a Bloomberg reservation may delete it with the exception of the Peter F. Bronfman Business Library reference staff
- A name should be provided when booking the terminals. It is not necessary for this to be your actual name.